Monday, April 26, 2010

My Word ABIDE in you!

Today as I am listening to John Piper's sermon on "if My Word abide in you" taken from John 15:1-8..Go spoke to me about really being abide in His Word.

John Piper explained about the verse 7:

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
(John 15:7)

Many times we ought to just read the Bible like reading a normal book or maybe not reading the Bible at all! John Piper said that one of the most urgent need now in Christian life is the need of deepest knowledge of God.We need to know God better through His Word and prayers!

The Bible is a Living Word and as we are reading the Bible let us start to acknowledging Him and allows Him to speak to us. The beginning of this month God really challenged me to study on His Word more deeper. Honestly I never have or attend a proper Bible study before and I can say that is the reason why I am scared to share with others about Christ..because I do not have enough knowledge about His Word! But as I told God that I don't want all this anymore I really challenge myself to learn His Word...

Even now I started the 40 days Journey in God's Word sometimes I read the Bible very fast because my motive is to finish it. But John Piper mentioned in his sermon that read the Bible slowly to understand It!And in all your reading keep Jesus before you!

I am sorry God that sometimes I just read Your Word for the sake of reading..but now o God as I continue my 40 days journey in Your Word, speak to me in every words that I read and correct me when my reading is putting You aside instead of relying in You. Continue to open my mind and give me the new things..revelation through Your Word.Hep me to discipline myself throughout this journey.

Thank You Lord.I love You!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord!!!

dear nernny, embarking on this journey to know Him in a deeper way, in a special personalised way... in His Word and Christ, takes a lot of patience and self-denial and life...

but it will be very very valuable to you, so much so that it will be your biggest treasure that you want to share it with others!

reading your posts here make my heart leaps for joy and excitement...

you are a very special vessel for God to pour on more wonderful things in times to come, to bless the people. amin!