Monday, June 18, 2012

Papa Day!



Yesterday was Father's Day yahuuu..
We had wonderful Father's Day celebration both in SIB KL as well as in SIB Kajang.
I don't remember any special moment about Father's day until this year..DADDY reminded me about being grateful with everything I had including my precious Papa.


I don't have so much memory with Papa because I am not the "anak bapa" type haha. But then while I was sitting today..looking through Papa's picture I realize how much he actually been good to me! Ya..Papa is not the type of father who express his love in words but more in actions..I think la haha. He never say 'I love You" but I knew through his actions like buying my favorite-pork during my birthday last year hahha. Mama also told me how excited Papa was when I was born and even he is the one gave my name-Nernny..amazing kan:)


I remember when I was around 2 years old..when my parents going to our "ladang", Papa will put me inside the "Barazit"
This how the Barazit looks like

Barazit is our traditional basket where we use to carry harvest such paddy or other crops as well as any tools that we need to take with us when we going out to jungles or ladang hihi. As I remember Papa's Barazit was bigger than this where I can fit inside it. Papa will send me to my uncle house and I will wait for them to come back from ladang. hahah that was one of my favourite moment when I was small kid.


Later on..when I grown up, Papa taught me how to sing and speak in front of people. I remembered every year during Christmas I will sing one Christmas song during church. and until now Papa sometimes still ask me to do haha.


O ya did I mention about Papa is actually a Pastor but in our church and they call him Pastor, Gembala, Tumpuk and last year Papa get his Pendeta :)). So I am a Pastor's kid hehe. Papa doesn't really taught me how to pray and read my bible by asking me to do that everyday but I learn it through seeing him doing. Papa always remind us the important of praying and staying as strong family-and that is how I am now haha.


Papa and Mama will remind us only one thing to pray before go to sleep. Before meal is our prayer practice moment hahha because Papa will ask each one of us to take turn saying grace.


When I was 16 years old, Papa ask me to give sharing during Christmas's night-that was my first sharing in my church! The courage to speak up is actually been train up since young-when Papa always bring me along during his ministry. That was ONE THING I really want to thank Daddy for giving me such wonderful Papa. Not only that Papa always enourage me and always giving me chance to bring something new in our church and also many chances to share with our people in church and also in our family.


Me and Papa didn't really talk much actually. Even when I called him yesterday to wish him Father's day..not long after that Papa's favorite dialogue ' mau cakap dengan mama?" hahahha..but of course I knew he has so much to say but just don't know how to say it kan haha. O ya and last year Papa ever ask me "bila mau kawin?" hahahhahaha funny la. usually Mama is the one who always ask but that was the first time Papa asked me that question. and my answer to him.."sabar la Pa" hahha. I think he just miss "pongivasan" in our house after my last brother's wedding last 2 years.


Its been 56 years now and I am still thinking what is the best gift I can give Papa for Father's Day. As I remember I bought shirt and neck tie for him before but well Narnia is just so bad in choosing gift for man hahha..it does't suit him hahahha. Yesterday I told Papa that I will make steam cake for him when I am back..but I think I will do something more for him and mama too. surprise..tunggu saya pulang bila-bila la haha. So I did this for Papa


Happy Father's Day Papa!
Other fathers might look good and better than you hundreds times..but I have to admit today that You are my Hero among all fathers in the world. Sayang ko!









No comments: